Monday, July 9, 2007

It worked! The Monkeys are alive!

Yay! The Monkeys are alive again!!!! I started these awhile ago and got distracted by other projects. I knew that joining this KAL was exactly what they needed to get back on their feet. I am knitting these in Plymouth Sockotta colorway 6673 (blue, green, yellow and brown on a white background.) I started with #2 dp needles and switched to 40 inch addi turbo circulars for Magic Loop.

I'm actually a bit further along than in this picture. I took the Monkeys to the pool with me this weekend and have finished the leg of the first sock. The Monkeys really seem to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine to be found at the pool and are blooming again into a picture of perfect health.

Jennifer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful color. It works great with the Monkey pattern.

jsins said...

Thanks Dee! I'm not a big fan of fair isle patterning sock yarns usually but I loved the colors in this one. I'm really happy with the way that the Monkey pattern has played with the pattern in the yarn.

broadcasting from a knitting parlour said...

Say, Dee...are you making progress on your Sockotta Monkeys? I'm really interested to see what the FI pattern looks like in that stitch. I have some too...the blue and violet...and have been wondering what to do with it. Please update us...